blue bottle coffee (NDA)
Designing and integrating a new feature launch — 3 weeks.
I was a UX Designer working under a design lead & with another UX Designer.
UX Methods: Competitive Audit, Heuristic Evaluation, User Interviews, Personas, Journey Maps, Usability Testing
Tools: Sketch, Photoshop, InVision, Principle
The crux of this project was balancing stakeholder concerns & manufacturing constraints with user needs. We did the following to determine our base of research and question our assumptions.
- Identified client-side concerns by generating ideas and design directions through a comparative/competitive audit
- Understood the implications of our choices through user interviews & stakeholder interviews
- And how they fit into the current site architecture through a heuristic evaluation
Our next phase was to determine the most helpful and relatable paradigm for existing and prospective users. We sketched ideas which we then revised through stakeholder feedback to create two testable prototypes on InVision. We then ran usability tests with 7 users.
- Used the RITE method to test more iterations on a shorter time scale
- Brought client-side Customer Service in as observers for usability testing to get greater insight and buy-in